So today I'm here to give you some very simple tips to keep your precious Laptop cool and maintain its cool factor:
- Always keep the laptop on a hard plain surface like table or floor. Do not keep the laptop on bed or any soft and irregular surface. This is to make sure that there is enough open space and no blockage on the heat vents to maintain a steady and strong air flow.
- Use laptop cooler / cooling pads. Laptop coolers have fans that increase the airflow amongst the components. Best part they are cheap as well.
- Using Task manager to terminate the unnecessary applications that have high CPU usage. Higher the resource consumption of a particular application, higher will be the processing required and this in-turn would be converted into pure heat!
- Shutdown your laptop when not in use for long time, do not put it on hibernate or standby mode. This will not only save your battery but would prevent the prolonged usage of the components and avoid the generation of heat.
- Always use laptop in a open area, do not put it in any closed boundaries while working. This is very practical, after all its a laptop, roam around with it and if you can't then just use a desktop instead.
- Avoid using your laptop while its connected to the charger, a laptop on charge tends to get its battery heated up and also will lead to more power being consumed by the applications due to the abundant availability of power.
I hope that this post would be of some help to all you guys out there. If you have any more points to suggest and add to this list, feel free to leave a comment below.